Welcome to my blog! To get an idea of what this blog is about you might want to read the "About Me and My Family" page as a starting point. You can browse through the archives or head over to the "Articles" page to read on specific topics I've written on over the years. Keep checking back because I'll be posting new articals from time to time.

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Dirty Joes and Potato Chowder

Tonight I cooked supper, something that I've been trying to do more often. I decided to try a new Sloppy Joe recipe since we haven't had them in years. So I found a recipe that sounded delicious and got busy cooking the hamburger meat and my favorite soup, Potato Chowder. Later, my little sister Amy asked mama, "Have we ever had Dirty Joes?" I laughed and though, "Poor Amy. She doesn't remember eating Sloppy Joes, one of kids favorite meals."

The whole meal was very delicious and we all think that the "Dirty Joes" recipe is a keeper.

Sloppy Joes

1 teaspoon mustard
2 pounds ground beef
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sause
2 teaspoons white vinegar
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 cup barbeque sauce
2 small onions, chopped
2 8oz. cans tomato sause
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar

Brown ground beef and onion; drain. Add remaining ingredients and simmer 10-15 minutes.
Note: You can use 1/2 tablespoon of dried onions in place of chopped onion.

1 comment:

Under Southern Skies said...

That potato chowder looks really yummy asn so does the "Dirty Joes." *smile*