Welcome to my blog! To get an idea of what this blog is about you might want to read the "About Me and My Family" page as a starting point. You can browse through the archives or head over to the "Articles" page to read on specific topics I've written on over the years. Keep checking back because I'll be posting new articals from time to time.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Take Heed

"Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall." 1 Corinthians 10:12


Have you ever thought, "I could never commit such a sin!"  There are some sins, such as adultery and fornication, that I use to think I could never see myself committing and still hope that I never do. It wasn't a prideful attitude that made me feel this way, rather it was because I've seen this sin cause pain, ruin trust, and break hearts of all those involved including family and church members. I've heard of couples that were heavilly envolved in the ministry, but no longer felt capable of continuing in them because of fornication. No matter what angle you look at it, surely nothing but bad things can come from such sinful actions.

But then God showed me a verse out of Galations 6. "Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness' considering thyself lest thou also be tempted." Notice that this verse is directed to the spiritual, the ones who are capable of helping others back into fellowship with God. This verse showed me that temptation is something we should all take very seriously, not just by preference, but by command.

Another interesting revelation came durring a study on Spiritual Warfare by Tom Harmon. While he was listing all the names of the devil along with scripture references, he pointed out "No matter what spiritual plain we may think we are on, remember that Eve was in a state of perfection when Satan deceived her." I wonder if Eve ever thought to herself, "I could never eat of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. There's just no way I would ever do that!" Yet she was tempted, deceived, and then sinned.

The Bible is full of wisdom and instruction that will help us live a successful life that is pleasing to God. Taking heed that we be not tempted is not just for the weak and feeble in faith. It is a safe guard for all Christians to use no matter how strong we may think we are.

"Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." 1 Corinthians 10:12- 13


No comments: