Welcome to my blog! To get an idea of what this blog is about you might want to read the "About Me and My Family" page as a starting point. You can browse through the archives or head over to the "Articles" page to read on specific topics I've written on over the years. Keep checking back because I'll be posting new articals from time to time.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Give Thanks Challenge

Amanda at A Joyful Noise has invited her blog readers to join her in in a "Give Thanks Challenge" by KBR Ministries. The idea is that you write down 7 things every day in the month of November that you are thankful for. At the end of November you can write a letter to KBR to let them know you completed the challenge and they will send you a set of handmade note cards. I think that is very generous of them, but I would encourage you to do this to strengthen your walk with God primarily, and if you want the note cards, that's fine. I am excited about doing this because I know I can always be more thankful than I am and I know that there is power in being thankful. I wont be posting something everyday, but most likely once a week as time permits. I am also adding my own little challenge to it and will purposefully try to find things that aggravate me and add them to my list of thanks. Things such as physical aspects I don't like about myself (example: my poor eye sight. I'm the only one in my family who has to wear glasses before the age of 40), or people and circumstances throughout the month that I may not be happy with, but can somehow find it within my heart to be thankful for. I challenge you to join in as well. We may be a day or two late, but it's never too late to be thankful!

2 comments:

Amanda Tero said...

Hi Jennifer!

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I am delighted to see you join KBR with this challenge! Thanks for the challenge to thank God not only for the LOVELY things of life, but also for the things that we struggle with! :) Very true. :)

~Amanda
www.withajoyfulnoise.blogspot.com

"Be careful for nothing, but in EVERY thing by prayer and supplication WITH thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God." Philippians 4:6

Laura said...

What a wonderful idea, Miss Jennifer! Taking the time to write down what we are thankful for helps to keep these thoughts in our minds throughout the day. I especially like your plan to list things that "bother" you...for these are the things we so often are NOT thankful for! But the Lord blesses us in so many wonderful ways each day...and we should be mindful to be watching for these blessings...and giving Him all the glory!

Sweet blessings,
Mrs. Laura