Welcome to my blog! To get an idea of what this blog is about you might want to read the "About Me and My Family" page as a starting point. You can browse through the archives or head over to the "Articles" page to read on specific topics I've written on over the years. Keep checking back because I'll be posting new articals from time to time.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thankful Challenge Week 2

As I thought about what to post this week I reflected on the heart of thankfulness. I have come to believe (about myself) that I can't learn to be thankful by writing down everything I am thankful for. Furthermore, I can't cultivate a thankful heart by reading the scriptures on thankfulness. Being truly thankful comes by drawing closer to God, the ultimate reason for giving thanks. I have learned that there is nothing like the thankfulness I experience as a result of a close relationship with God when there is no sin between us. It's those days when my heart rejoices in God and longs to please Him above all else that I can pour out my loving gratitude for his great works and thoughts towards me.

The Country Life
Here are a few things I've written down this past week:

1. God's rich love
2. The beauty of music
3. The country life
4. Fun siblings
5. God's grace
6. The veil that was rent, giving us full access to the throne of God
7. The comforter
8. A God that can do the impossible
9. Weekends
10. My church family

"Be careful for nothing, but in every thing by prayer and supplications with thanksgiving, let your request be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

*Picture taken by Bethany

1 comment:

Laura said...

Good Morning Miss Jennifer!

Your list is wonderful...we have so much to be thankful for, don't we! Yet, often times, we find ourselves being exactly the opposite...
grumbling or complaining about what we don't have. I find it oh so helpful to memorize scripture verses that I can call up for those times when I am feeling "less than thankful"!

Once again, thank you for sharing a lovely post...it was such a blessing to me today!

~Mrs. Laura