Welcome to my blog! To get an idea of what this blog is about you might want to read the "About Me and My Family" page as a starting point. You can browse through the archives or head over to the "Articles" page to read on specific topics I've written on over the years. Keep checking back because I'll be posting new articals from time to time.

Monday, March 3, 2008

I Know, I Know

It has been a long time since I have blogged. I was hoping that I would never have to give any excuses for why I haven't stayed faithful to the blog sphere. I was going to be a "good" blogger! But what can I say? Life doesn't always go the way you want it to, right? So here I am, telling you that the reasons I haven't blogged is because I've been spending my time:

with my family
doing college work
organizing my closet (you know how long that takes!)
going to work

yard saling
singing with my siblings
. . . and other things

Right now mama is finishing supper and everyone is starting to gather in the dinning room eager to eat mama's fried chicken, mashed potatoes & gravy, and broccoli callarole. It smells Delicious! Every time mama fixes a big spread like tonight it reminds me of Thanks Giving dinner.

Tonight I will probably try to get some school done and then I might watch the Waltons with my family. Those are such great shows! I wish we could live like them. No TV, no video games, no telephone . . . no distractions. The Waltons look so peaceful when they are all sitting around in the living room gathered around the radio. Every one of them is there, even little Elizabeth. Mama and Grandma has taken a break from her continuous chores, Daddy is relaxing from a hard days work, and the rest are all tired from school and playing outside all day. (I really don't know what Grandpa does.)

Those are such enjoyable, simple pleasures that most people have never experienced. I have though. Maybe not in the same way, but similar. I'm glad my parents like spending time with us making peaceful, memorable moments in our home.

5 comments:

Anne said...

Do you know, just the other day I mentioned The Waltons to some 19 and 20 year olds, and they looked at me as if I was making this stuff up! How funny that you should post on them:o).

Unknown said...

I haven't seen the Waltons in SO long... I really used to enjoy watching that. I love how each show ends the same way: 'Night John-Boy.

Robert said...

I enjoy watching The Waltons since I came across the show 3 years ago.Though the family didn't have much,they were happy and satisfied.I also liked seeing the family all together at dinner time.

Grandpa helped John with the lumber business.

Kaila said...

I love The Waltons. My mom,sister,and I all really like watching it. My older brother thinks it's lame :-) Ah well, his loss.

Anonymous said...

The Waltons! That's funny. That's what people probably think we are. No TV, no radio, no video games... There's no law against getting rid of those things any time you want, you know, ;) . Now to cut down or out on this computer!!!


Krista