Welcome to my blog! To get an idea of what this blog is about you might want to read the "About Me and My Family" page as a starting point. You can browse through the archives or head over to the "Articles" page to read on specific topics I've written on over the years. Keep checking back because I'll be posting new articals from time to time.

Friday, March 7, 2008

We Are . . .

. . . going on vacation!!! Can you guess what we are going to do?
(No, that isn't our camper, but we do have a pop-up.) I have been so excited about this trip! Maybe it's because it's been a while since I've been on one with my family, or maybe it's because I will see a good friend I don't get to see that often. But whatever the case, I am still looking forward to it with much anticipation!

Here's food for thought while I am gone: How often do we let the Devil steal our joy after a great victory? Yesterday I had a wonderful night, yet this morning I felt like something was wrong or like God was displeased with me. After searching my heart I started to think that it wasn't God that was troubling my soul, but maybe the Devil! Satan never wants to see us win a battle, gain hope, or live joyously in Christ. It angers him when he sees God's plan for your life start to take action. So be very careful to guard your heart against Satan especially when you have just been through a victory or have found a new joy.

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." James 4:7

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a lovely, exciting, yet relaxing time.
And thank you for the "food for thought" - sometimes, I feel a cloud of sadness and I don't know why......I can't allow the devil to rob me of my joy!!!!

Unknown said...

Have a wonderful trip! You're right about Satan not wanting us to win battles... Don't let him take away your happiness in the Lord!

Unknown said...

Yes, it was BEAUTIFUL! We had so much fun! It didn't even look like FL, did it?