Welcome to my blog! To get an idea of what this blog is about you might want to read the "About Me and My Family" page as a starting point. You can browse through the archives or head over to the "Articles" page to read on specific topics I've written on over the years. Keep checking back because I'll be posting new articals from time to time.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

You are What You Think You Are

A few weeks ago mama sent me the link to an article based on the verse out of Proverbs 23, "As a man thinketh in his heart, so he is." Since that day I have went back to this post twice and have thought about it more than any other article I've read in a long time. It reminds me of the scripture my youth pastor use to quote all the time, "Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom." Proverbs 18:1. God will not force us to stay in His will, so we have to be determined to serve God. We have to make up our mind that we are going to do what is right even when it isn't easy. We have to constantly guide our heart in the right direction. We have to build that desire and consciously separate our self away from worldly things and thoughts. God doesn't change. Therefore, He will always be worthy of our praise and service.

"For I am the LORD, I change not . . ." Malachi 3:6

"For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." 1 Corinthians 6:20

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So true Jennifer. I heard a woman testify once that a made up mind is half the battle. I think about that verse where the Lord was going up to Jeruselem to be crucified, the bible said that He steadfastly set His face toward Jeruselem. I have mine steadfastly set toward heaven.