Welcome to my blog! To get an idea of what this blog is about you might want to read the "About Me and My Family" page as a starting point. You can browse through the archives or head over to the "Articles" page to read on specific topics I've written on over the years. Keep checking back because I'll be posting new articals from time to time.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy Birthday?

Today has definitely been a Monday. In other words: busy! However, I don't think that is a very good excuse for forgetting a co-workers birthday. It was really bad of us too because we always celebrate each other's birthday on the day. But today we all forgot that the lady who brings us all together in harmony had a birthday. We all felt terrible!

So tomorrow we are going to try to make it up to her by bringing snacks and an ice-cream cake from DQ. Hopefully she will have a great belated birthday! Here's what I'm bringing:


Jennifer's Chicken Salad (I can't come up with a better name this late at night!)

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon of salt
2 cups chopped, cooked chicken meat
1/4 cup dill pickle
3 small green onions and chives
1/2 cup roasted peanuts (optional)

Mix all ingredients together in medium size bowl except for peanuts and chicken. Stir peanuts and chicken in last. Chill.
For more great recipes check out my mom's blog: Keeping it Simple.

1 comment:

A Joyful Heart said...

Oh, that's too bad you forgot! But at least you'll make up for it! :) The recipe sounds really good!