Welcome to my blog! To get an idea of what this blog is about you might want to read the "About Me and My Family" page as a starting point. You can browse through the archives or head over to the "Articles" page to read on specific topics I've written on over the years. Keep checking back because I'll be posting new articals from time to time.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Quote on Courtship

Last week Renee and I were corresponding through e-mail about a topic she wrote on in Hope Chest Magazine. Although our stories of our broken courship were very differant, we both experianced heartache. The wisdom she shared with me through e-mail helped me so much that I wanted to share it with my blog readers. I hope this insight blesses you!

"Unfortunately in our type of circles, courtship is held up too often as a formula to follow and adhere too. The reality is that relationships that are truly vulnerable and honest, never fit into a formula of ideals. Just like people are flesh and blood, joy and sadness, turmoil and peace - so are relationships. A courtship relationship should never, ever be held up as a demand of perfection on individuals. What is courtship exactly? How do we view courtship? What are people & how do we view people? These are relevant questions to consider and ask ourselves, I think.

Do not berate yourself for having gone through a heartbreaking relationship. Did you make any mistakes? Most probably. Did he? Most probably. Did anyone else involved? Most probably.. Does that mean your relationship was a mistake? Most probably not. Mistakes are not bad things, if we allow God to take our mistakes (like we should every aspect of our lives) and guide us by His Holy Spirit, refining and nurturing us into women of God." ~ Renee Pratt

1 comment:

A Joyful Heart said...

That is a very thought-provoking letter from your friend...thanks for sharing.