Welcome to my blog! To get an idea of what this blog is about you might want to read the "About Me and My Family" page as a starting point. You can browse through the archives or head over to the "Articles" page to read on specific topics I've written on over the years. Keep checking back because I'll be posting new articals from time to time.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Dark Tunnels

"It's like going through a dark tunnel and you think your all alone. But Someones always there for you that guides you all they way. He is the king of kings and he will protect you. You might go through hard spots in life, but He will never leave. You may stray, but he will never forget you. You might try to blot him out, but he reminds you He's there. So don't get discouraged when you go through a dark and lonely spot in life. Just look to Jesus and He will guide you through."

The first few words of this encouraging composition really stuck out to me. They declared the feelings that I was going through at the time. They could not have come at a better moment.

Sometimes life is like going through a tunnel. It's dark. It's lonely. It's scary. You feel like there is no end in sight. It's not fun, but there is always a lesson at the end.

Darkness. We know that God is the light of this world. Without Him, life is . . . dark! Darkness is scary because we can't see what is going on. We stumble around, not seeing the obstacles that lay waiting for us. But there is a light for those who are Christians and anyone who wants to become a Christian. This light will guide us through life and shed light on areas that we don't understand. This light will make the journey easier . . . if we choose to apply it. If we ignore God (whether intentionally or not) this light may not be of very good use to us. Sometimes when we go through trials it is because we don't want God's help in certain areas, but want to do it on our own. If we would of asked for God's help from the beginning things might of been a little easier. Of course we do not have trials only when we are pushing our Savior aside. Sometimes God chooses to put his children through hard times to strengthen us.

No end in sight. When going through a hard time or trial, it can seem like an eternity. Like some dark tunnels, you can't see the end until you are right up to it. God is always there, and with His guidance, you can have peace. You may not know what is going to happen at the end of the tunnel, but you will know that everything will be alright.

If you are going through a tunnel in life, just remember, "You may go through hard spots in life, but He will never leave . . . so don't get discouraged when you go through a dark and lonely spot in life. Just look to Jesus and He will guide you through."

~The composition at the beginning of the post was written by my sister Bethany. She tried to give it to me for over a week, but I never found it amongst the clutter on my desk. When I did find it, it was such a blessing to me. If I had read it a day earlier I wouldn't of seen the great message that God had for me through this writing. Ironically, Bethany had no idea that I was going through a "dark tunnel." God knew just what I need!

1 comment:

Sara N. Smith said...

Thank you....that was just what I needed!