Welcome to my blog! To get an idea of what this blog is about you might want to read the "About Me and My Family" page as a starting point. You can browse through the archives or head over to the "Articles" page to read on specific topics I've written on over the years. Keep checking back because I'll be posting new articals from time to time.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Help Thou Mine Unbelief

Do I really believe God's word? A year ago I would have boldly proclaimed that I believe every inspired word that is in my King James Bible, and today I will still say that I do believe it is true . . .  that is . . . with a head knowledge. But do I believe it with my heart? If I believe something, shouldn't it change the way I act and the way I think?

In Mark chapter 9 we can read about a man who is desperate for God's help. A man who so dearly wants his son to be delivered from the devil that is ruining his life. Verses 23-24 says, "Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief." I fully believe that there are times when God sees our feeble attempts to draw near to Him or our half hearted pursuit of Him due  to our own weakness and broken heart, and He in his great loving-kindness draws us close to Him despite our lack of whole hearted devotion. But I also believe there are times when we need to be desperate for help. Like this man who cried out to Jesus with tears, I often feel like there is nothing I can do to become the woman God has designed me to be and all I know to do is to cry out to God, "Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief!" I believe this is a prayer that God is pleased to answer!
Picture taken in the Smoky Mountains this past October.


No comments: