Welcome to my blog! To get an idea of what this blog is about you might want to read the "About Me and My Family" page as a starting point. You can browse through the archives or head over to the "Articles" page to read on specific topics I've written on over the years. Keep checking back because I'll be posting new articals from time to time.

Friday, July 25, 2014

Home-made Iced Coffee

Okay, so my sister and I LOVE coffee! For a while I stopped drinking it so much, but when Bethany discovered she like the taste of coffee I couldn't resist joining her. There is just something special about having someone to enjoy your hot cup of morning brew with. We weren't satisfied to make our own cup at home, very quickly we discovered that we liked Starbucks mocha's (just not the price!) and Dunkin Donuts iced coffee. But I don't like to spend a lot of money on coffee when there are so many missionaries that I could send the money to, and the nearest Dunkin Donuts is 45 minutes away. I had to find a solution.

This week I was in the mood for some iced coffee so I got online and found a Dunkin Donuts iced coffee copycat recipe at www.food.com . What I love about this recipe is it is so fast and easy! (Isn't it terrible, we live in an era where we get instant gratification and I guess I am victim of that mentality too from time to time.) So, does it taste like Dunkin Donuts? Not exactly, but my sister thinks it's better! Is it good? Definitely! Is it better than spending $2.00 a cup? Absolutely! And with a little tweaking, such as flavored creamers, it may turn out to be just as good as Dunkin Donuts. So here is the recipe the way I make it. If you'd like to see the original recipe you can go here.

2/3 cup cooled coffee (double strength)
2/3 cup milk and liquid creamer (I  use 1/2 cup of milk and fill the rest with liquid creamer)
1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
4 ice cubs

Brew the coffee, add sugar and set aside or refridgerate to cool. Add milk and creamer to coffee. Pour over ice and enjoy!

3 comments:

A Joyful Heart said...

I enjoy drinking coffee on occasion, especially Iced Capp's from Tim Hortons. =) How are you?
I've thought about calling, but not sure if you are too busy. BTW, I re-started my blog, and I would be happy if you stopped by! =)

Kelly-Anne said...

Hello Emily! There is something very satifactory about coffee...:). My favourite way to enjoy it is as follows... 2 shots espresso, 2 tsp raw honey, pinch ground nutmeg, pinch ground cinnamon and 1/2 tsp vanilla essence... Add warm, full cream milk, stir and enjoy! Blessings in Christ, Kelly-Anne

Laura said...

Dear Miss Jennifer,
The Lord just put you on my heart today...so I thought I'd stop by and say "hello"...I hope that you and your family are doing well.

With prayers and hugs,
Mrs. Laura