Welcome to my blog! To get an idea of what this blog is about you might want to read the "About Me and My Family" page as a starting point. You can browse through the archives or head over to the "Articles" page to read on specific topics I've written on over the years. Keep checking back because I'll be posting new articals from time to time.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Monday Meditation

Monday morning I looked for a verse on being humble because I realized easy it is to become prideful, and don't want everything I am working towrds to profit me nothing. I knew there was a scripture I liked in James, but since my time was running out and I needed to get ready for work, I went to the Sword Searcher and looked the verse up. "But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble." I would like to share with my readers what this verse means to me, and hopefully it will encourage you to meditate on the scriptures as well.

But he giveth more grace. He's already given us a lot of grace, but we live in a sinful world and we ourself are sinful by nature. God knew that we would need a lot of grace . . . so he gave us more. He could have gave us some and he still would have been righteous and just, but he saw our need and his heart was turned toward us. (Phil 4:19 "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.") God is very rich and has plenty to satisfy our needs. How caring and loving this is! Not only this, but he gives it! He doesn't make us work for it, he doesn't say that after we've served him for 3 years then we can have more grace. No, he gives it to us freely.

God resisteth the proud. Do I want God to resist me? You see, now that my eyes have been opened by the scripture I am accountable for this truth. (James 4:17: "Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.") My prayer is that every time I sense myself becoming prideful, this scripture will come to my mind reminding me what the consequence of pride is.

But giveth grace unto the humble. And here we see the benefit of being humble. To the humble he gives the undeserved favor of God.

With these thoughts in mind I memorize the scripture and think about it throughout the day. Meditation and memorization. Such a simple act, but it has had a BIG impact on my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's another nice post:)