Welcome to my blog! To get an idea of what this blog is about you might want to read the "About Me and My Family" page as a starting point. You can browse through the archives or head over to the "Articles" page to read on specific topics I've written on over the years. Keep checking back because I'll be posting new articals from time to time.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

My Latest Artical . . .




Being home schooled has given me a different out look on life and a different mind set that most people don't have. I believe that in more ways than one I can honestly say that "once a homeschooler, always a home schooler." Many times I have caught myself telling others, "We're homeschooled" or "I'm a homeschooler," when in all actuality I am no longer homeschooled or in any type of school period! I haven't been taught the three R's by my mother at home in 3 years and I definitely don't have any children of my own to teach, yet I still consider myself to be a homeschooler.


It's a title that I claim with pride. A title that I'm not ready to give up! Even though I'm not technically in school, I still enjoy learning. I may not have any desire to improve my mathematical skills, and learning to spell is an endless task that I don't know if I'll ever accomplish, but I like to learn anything about the human body, and I try to keep up my writing and grammar. Then sometime when I am baking cookies or cooking supper I am reminded of the days when such things were considered part of my schooling. (Home Ec. was always a favorite!)



Yes, I'm still a homeschooler. I can defend my belief in this way of teaching just as good as any homeschooler and I take every opportunity to tell others about my education and how I got it. I imagine when I have my own children I will unconsciously tell others that "I homeschool my children" even when they are too young to even talk. But I can't help it! I love the home schooling way!

No comments: