Welcome to my blog! To get an idea of what this blog is about you might want to read the "About Me and My Family" page as a starting point. You can browse through the archives or head over to the "Articles" page to read on specific topics I've written on over the years. Keep checking back because I'll be posting new articals from time to time.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Today's Happenings

Today when I got home from work Bethany and Amy surprised me with an invitation to Tea! We love having tea parties but usually I am the one who heads them up with mama and the girls, so I was pleasantly surprised when I got the invitation! What a pleasant thing to come home to!

Later I made some Delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for work tomorrow since we are wishing our boss farewell. Ryan begged so much for some cookies and accused me of cooking for my co-workers more than I do them . . . so I let him have a few with a promise that I would make him some more another day. Not that he is lacking in snacks! ; ) Mama always makes sure that if we are in need of a "chocolate fix" or something to satisfy our sweet tooth there is always something for us!

Lastly, I gave Phillip a much needed piano lesson. I get behind sometimes. He did very well and I figured out one of his "learning gifts". (Everyone learns in different ways and I am always being challenged to learn new methods of teaching my 3 younger siblings because none of them learn the same way . . . naturally!) Today I saw that Phillip is very good at taking what I taught him and applying it to every song, not just the ones I taught him on. I was very happy to see this!
It has been a good day. But now . . . it's time to go to bed!

No comments: