Welcome to my blog! To get an idea of what this blog is about you might want to read the "About Me and My Family" page as a starting point. You can browse through the archives or head over to the "Articles" page to read on specific topics I've written on over the years. Keep checking back because I'll be posting new articals from time to time.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Reality Check #1

Reality. It is the act of portraying or living in the real. Not what we want to be, know we should be, or want others to think we are, but the plain old truth. Reality is admitting a down fall or wrong doing without giving hundreds of excuses. True reality is not watered down.

How often do we actually portray reality? Do we ourselves give truthful answers to the heart questions asked by our Sunday School teachers, pastors, parents, or others? Are we honest with ourselves?

Most of the time we are not. A lot of times I have not been honest. I don't always like the truth . . . especially about myself. For a while I can happily live in denial, convinced of what I want to be. But after a while I can no longer get by with such an act of contradiction. If I want to become a better Christian then I must face reality.

Perhaps you face the same problem. I believe we all ignore the facts to some degree, so I have decided to post Reality Checks once in a while that will require us all to search the deepest corners of our heart for truthful answers. You do not have to post your answer to the question, but if you like you can join the discussion in the comment section.

Here's the first question:

What have you saught after this week? Have you saught after happiness? Have you tried to please yourself? Are you looking for acceptance among your peers? Are you looking for a soul mate? Maybe money is your goal.

We should seek after Christ, to be closer to and more like Him. But even that can sometimes be distorted. If we seek after Christ so we can boast of the Christian we think we are then our searching is doing no good. Christ was not prideful, so we shouldn't be either.


Lastly, I will leave you with a scripture that we should all keep in mind.

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33

The first step to seeking God with all your heart is to find what you are really seeking after and eliminate that "weight and the sin which doth so easily beset us."

No comments: