Welcome to my blog! To get an idea of what this blog is about you might want to read the "About Me and My Family" page as a starting point. You can browse through the archives or head over to the "Articles" page to read on specific topics I've written on over the years. Keep checking back because I'll be posting new articals from time to time.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Walk Down a Country Road

I love Saturdays! It is a day that I can sleep in (if I don't have to work), get up and eat a good breakfast with my family with a fresh cup of coffee, and start my day off relaxed.

This morning after I ate the breakfast, my sister Bethany fixed me, I was able to spend some time alone with God before I started my day. While I made my bed and got dressed I opened my window blinds to let the sunlight flood my room with it's cheerful beams while I listened to a new CD. It was so refreshing!

This afternoon Bethany and I went on a walk down our country rock road. The fresh air and warm sunlight was too inviting to resist! As we started walking down our long driveway I "drank in" the delightful surroundings (as Anne Shirley would say). Everything seemed to speak of Spring. The wild purple and white flowers (actually weeds) filled the ditches and fields, making the perfect place for butterflies to land and flutter around. The dragon flies buzzed around in the refreshing breeze while the horses nipped at the green grass with not a care in the world. Even the little ponds seemed so peaceful, yet alive as the wind blew their water into ripples. It was the perfect day for a walk!

It all reminds me that Spring is here . . . and I believe it has never been more beautiful than this year!

Happy Spring!

Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world. ~Virgil A. Kraft

Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush. ~Doug Larson

No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow. ~Proverb

Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night. ~Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters of Rainer Maria Rilke

April hath put a spirit of youth in everything. ~William Shakespeare

1 comment:

Beth said...

I enjoy our walks any time you can fit one into your schecule.