Welcome to my blog! To get an idea of what this blog is about you might want to read the "About Me and My Family" page as a starting point. You can browse through the archives or head over to the "Articles" page to read on specific topics I've written on over the years. Keep checking back because I'll be posting new articals from time to time.

Monday, February 4, 2008

All Because of Laughter

"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: . . ." Pro. 17: 22

Today I didn't have the best day. Going to work and studying Human Diseases was the last thing I wanted to do! All day I couldn't bring myself out of that gloomy mood I was in. That is, until I spent some time with my family. While I was in the living room talking to mama, daddy, Ryan and Bethany, I decided to read them "A Dieter's Psalm" that was printed in our church bulitun. Yesterday I read it to my sister Amy and had no problem. This time however, I got tickled and couldn't stop laughing! I think they were laughing more at me than at the Psalm! So I thought I would share it with y'all just in case you need a little bit cheering up. It made my evening!

A Dieter's Psalm

Strict is my diet. I must not want.

It leadeth me past the confectioners.

It trieth my willpower.

It leadeth me in the paths of alteration for my figure's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the aisles of the pastry department, I will buy no sweet rolls for they are fattening.

The cakes and the pies, they tempt me. Before me is a table set with green beans and lettuce.

I filleth my stomach with liquids. My day's quota runneth over.

Surely calorie and weight charts will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the fear of scales forever.

5 comments:

Sara N. Smith said...

That is just hysterical! I love it!!

Lindsey said...

Hello Jennifer!

I haven't stopped by your place in a while... so I was checking in ;-)

As Sara, said, this is hysterical! It rings doubly true for me though... I just started the South Beach Diet yesterday. :-p

You're sister's blog is cute! I'm going to show it to my little sister! She'll like it, I'm sure... I'm guessing she's about the same age, maybe a few years older, than your sister.

Have a great day!

~Lindsey

Anne said...

That is too cute:o). Thanks for sharing!

A Heart of Praise said...

How funny! :D

Unknown said...

This is great!