Welcome to my blog! To get an idea of what this blog is about you might want to read the "About Me and My Family" page as a starting point. You can browse through the archives or head over to the "Articles" page to read on specific topics I've written on over the years. Keep checking back because I'll be posting new articals from time to time.

Monday, July 15, 2013

A Scrapbook Solution

I have quite the collection of scrapbook paper and tools that I have bought or where given over the years. I don't do much scrap-booking, but I love to make cards and (my new interest) envelopes. But every time I get my scrap-booking supplies out I get frustrated at the unorganized mess it is in. I use to store it in a large, shallow container that fit under my bed, but that didn't work well, so I now keep everything in a 31 bag my aunt gave me for Christmas. It's a cute bag, but not practical for storing scrapbook supplies.


Today while I was making a card I came up with a fabulous way to store my scrap pieces of paper that always get bent and tore. I took an scrapbook that I'm not using (and probably wont for a long time) and put all the little leftover pieces of paper in each sleeve. 


Some of them are color coordinated, while there were some scraps I couldn't do that with.


My supplies are far from being as organized as I want them, but this is certainly a step in the right direction. So, while we're on the subject . . . here's some of the cards I've made. Nothing fancy, but I love the look of a handmade personalized card.






2 comments:

Sandra said...

I LOVE these cards and the idea to put the small pieces in a photo album is SO good.

A Joyful Heart said...

Jennifer,

Handmade cards are wonderful! So personal and sweet. I was just thinking of you today, and would love to hear from you!