Welcome to my blog! To get an idea of what this blog is about you might want to read the "About Me and My Family" page as a starting point. You can browse through the archives or head over to the "Articles" page to read on specific topics I've written on over the years. Keep checking back because I'll be posting new articals from time to time.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Blessings From the Scriptures

I use to read the Bible through one book at a time, but now I read at least two and I love it! It is so neat to see how often the scriptures repeat themselves throughout the Bible.

A few weeks ago while I was trying to memorize Psalms 95 an evangelist, who was preaching a revival at our church, used Heb. 3:7-11 in his sermon . . . scriptures that are practically identical to Psalms 95! Then today I saw it again. I was in Acts 2 and verse 35-36 said, "For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, until I make thy foes thy footstool." When I finished reading the chapter I turned to Psalms 110 to pick up where I left off. Verse 1 said, "The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool." It was amazing not just to see that the scriptures match, but that God had directed me to read both of these chapters in my daily Bible reading! I wasn't looking for a scripture to match what I was reading . . . it was just right there in front of me. How amazing is our God!


1 comment:

Completely7 said...

My Daughters do have blogs. Angela's is JustasIam Satisfied and Allison's is luckyclover18. I think you all will have a lot in common.