Welcome to my blog! To get an idea of what this blog is about you might want to read the "About Me and My Family" page as a starting point. You can browse through the archives or head over to the "Articles" page to read on specific topics I've written on over the years. Keep checking back because I'll be posting new articals from time to time.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Even the Stars Praise God

Recently I read an article about scientist' discovery of "singing stars." The article, Astronomers Listen In to 'Red Giant Concert' explained that giant red stars are singing in space. Instantly my mind went to the scriptures that spoke of nature worshiping and even obeying God. It only took a few minutes of research to get me excited about this finding.

In Job 38:4-7 God says, (speaking to Job) "Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.  Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;  When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?"  Then in another passage the Psalmist says, "Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light."

Then God brought to mind where Jesus said in Luke 19: 40 "And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these [the disciples] should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out."

If the stones can cry out in worship to Christ, I'm sure the stars can. With all that said, isn't that so neat to know that the stars are sing praises to the only living God? It isn't the scientific findings that proves this in my mind, but it's neat to see that science lines up with the Bible, a source I  already know and believe is true. Praise ye the LORD!

2 comments:

A Joyful Heart said...

That is so awesome! Thanks so much for posting about it!

Southern Sunrise said...

Isn't God's world so amazing?! Its fascinating to learn new things about His creation like this. Thanks so much for sharing!