Welcome to my blog! To get an idea of what this blog is about you might want to read the "About Me and My Family" page as a starting point. You can browse through the archives or head over to the "Articles" page to read on specific topics I've written on over the years. Keep checking back because I'll be posting new articals from time to time.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Psalms 29

I'm thankful for Psalms 29. The past two days I've been slowly reading it, meditating on the meaning of the verses. "Give unto the LORD the glory due to his name;" How often do we do that? I don't think it counts when we say in prayer, "may all we do be o the glory of God." and I don't think it counts when we sing Glory to His Name writen by Elisha A. Hoffman.

When we look at a beautiful sunset do we simply praise it's beauty, or do we take the opportunity to praise the maker. When we have an answered prayer, do we go to work and tell our friends of the great thing that happend as if it was by chance, or do we tell them that we've been praying about this for a long time and our God brought it to pass? Doesn't the glory belong to God? Isn't the scripture telling us to give that glory to Him?

"Give unto the LORD, O ye mgihty, give unto the LORD glory and strenth." vs 1.

No comments: