Welcome to my blog! To get an idea of what this blog is about you might want to read the "About Me and My Family" page as a starting point. You can browse through the archives or head over to the "Articles" page to read on specific topics I've written on over the years. Keep checking back because I'll be posting new articals from time to time.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

I've Made My Resolutions!

Last night we had a relaxed, very enjoyable new years eve. We invited our neighbors over to sit around the bomb fire with us while we drank hot chocolate & coffee, made smores, and munched on some snacks. After our guests had left we watched a few episodes of Leave it to Beaver, a good old show that is great for the whole family! I didn't stay up to see the new year come in, but it came in just the same and I welcomed it at 8:00 this morning after a peaceful nights rest! : )

I suppose all there is left to do now is make my new years resolutions. I'm debating on whether I should go back and look at last years or not. I'm afraid I didn't get around to accomplishing them all, so this year I am going to type my list up and frame them on my desk. That should be a clear reminder of what I need to get done before 2010. There are a few things on my list that simply demanded to be added to the list, while others I chose myself. Here are a few . . .


  1. 1. Become a certified coder. (Yes, I've finished college for coding, but now I want/need to be certified.)
  2. 2. Read I Promise by Dr. Gary Smalley, a gift from my Sunday School teacher. I've never read any of his books, or even heard of him for that matter, so I am looking forward to seeing what advice he has to offer.
  3. 3. Read Let Me Be a Woman by Elizabeth Elliot.
  4. 4. Sew a romantic style dress designed by Mrs. Jennie Chancey at Sense and Sensibility.
  5. 5. And as always . . . learn more about my God and how to better serve Him.

What are some of yours?

1 comment:

Anne said...

Gary Smalley is a great author and speaker and the book by Elizabeth Elliot is incredible! Happy 2009!