Welcome to my blog! To get an idea of what this blog is about you might want to read the "About Me and My Family" page as a starting point. You can browse through the archives or head over to the "Articles" page to read on specific topics I've written on over the years. Keep checking back because I'll be posting new articals from time to time.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Apple Pie Oatmeal

A few months ago I started eating oatmeal, mostly because I saw this delicious looking recipe. I knew I wouldn't be able to start eating oatmeal unless it had lots of flavor and this recipe does. I don't feel guilty for eating this for breakfast because it has fruit and oats in it. Healthy, right? I've also substituted the apples with peaches.

Apple Pie Oatmeal

Ingredients:
1 apple, cored and chopped (I don't eat the skins)
1 cup water
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan. Then add the oats, apple, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Adjuste the heat to low and simmer the oatmeal for 3-5 minutes. Serve it with a splash of milk if desired and a little or a lot of brown sugar sprinkled on top.



No comments: