Welcome to my blog! To get an idea of what this blog is about you might want to read the "About Me and My Family" page as a starting point. You can browse through the archives or head over to the "Articles" page to read on specific topics I've written on over the years. Keep checking back because I'll be posting new articals from time to time.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Living in a Box

For the past year God has been teaching me how to live outside of the "Baptist Box". I've always been taught that speaking in tongues is a thing of the past, you shouldn't endorse anything that isn't KJV, and the charismatic crowd probably isn't right with God. Have I let my standards down? Not at all. Have I expanded the realm in which God can work in my life? Absolutely! I still believe that most people misuse and misunderstand the gift of tongues. I still believe the KJV is the final authority. And I don't have a desire to be part of the charismatic crowd. However, that doesn't mean that God can't do great works for His glory with those things I oppose. In the Bible God has used some pretty unlikely things and people to accomplish his work. He used a woman to fight a battle for Israel (Judges chapter 4) and a donkey to speak to one of His prophets (Numbers 22)! So many times we limit God by saying, "God doesn't work that way anymore." or "Unless you meet up to certain standards you can't be used by God." How wrong we have been.

With that being said, I would like to share a great video by Louie Gigleo. It's kind of long, but it's worth it. At the very beginning I was thinking, "Come on, science? I don't speak that language!" but trust me, it gets good! At first glance I was put off by his casual attire and his manner of presentation, but what he has to say really puts things into perspective. I hope you enjoy it!



1 comment:

A Fellow Seeker of Truth said...

I'm with you Jennifer :} Although all of Saturday night was beautiful and meaningful, I got the most out of this video that evening. Even though I had heard some of it before, it really hit me how big God is and yet He wants to be initimately involved in every day of each of our lives. We are so blessed! We can trust God to work in our lives and we can believe that there is a bigger purpose then even we can imagine for our lives.

It was great getting to know you!
I'm praying for you!

In His Steps,
Devin